Credit Agency of Baton Rouge Foundation Fund
MISSION The Loan Bureau of Baton Rouge Foundation promotes a much better knowledge of the customer credit system and private management of your capital so everybody is capable of greater success in existence. We aim to create a financially competitive and thriving Louisiana where everybody has got the chance to achieve their full potential simply because they possess the tools and skills to attain their dreams. We support organizations and initiatives in Louisiana that promote self-sufficiency and family and community stability. We’re champions for collaboration, innovation and inventive solutions that address the difficulties facing communities across our condition.
FUNDING AREA DESCRIPTION The Building Blocks has in the past made grants within the regions of Financial Literacy, Education, Human Services, Health and medical, Community Development and also the Arts and Humanities. There exists a special curiosity about efforts that promote financial literacy. Through our funding, we aim to advance organizations that value transparency, integrity, accountability and shown impact.
ELIGIBILITY A company must satisfy the following requirement to try to get a grant: —The organization, or its fiscal agent, should be tax free under Section 501(c)(3) from the Internal Revenue Code. A monetary agent must submit instructions of agreement.
GEOGRAPHIC Limitations Funding can be obtained to aid programs and projects within the condition of Louisiana.
Limitations The Loan Bureau of Baton Rouge Foundation doesn’t make grants to the people, private small business ventures or partisan political organizations. Funding won’t be awarded for starting costs for brand new organizations. Organizations may apply every year for support for the similar program for approximately 3 years. Grant awards may range from $2,500 and $50,000.
The Building Blocks Grantmaking Procedure is really as follows:
- Your customers must sign up through the printed deadlines.
- Grant proposals are posted to and reviewed through the Grant Review Committees.
- The Committees make recommendations towards the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
- The Foundation’s Board of Trustees functions around the recommendations.
- Applications are notified and, if selected, award checks are issued plus a letter that outlines any limitations or needs attached to the grant.
- Grant recipients have 60 (60) days after project completion to supply the building blocks having a final report. This can supply the outcomes and measures from the program towards the Foundation.
GRANT APPLICATION DETAILS
Proposal Summary: Every application must incorporate a summary which supplies the next information:
- Project name
- Organization’s address
- Organization’s telephone number
- Organization’s fax number
- CeoOrolder official
- Senior official’s current email address
- Board approved mission statement
- Date mission statement authorized by the board
- Date organization incorporated like a 501(c)(3)
- Web siteOrsociable media
- Description from the project (a maximum of 3 sentences)
- Compelling reason behind the work
- Amount requested
- Program or project director’s name
- Project director’s telephone number
- Project director’s current email address
- Target population
- Project market
- Geographic region
- Project start date
- Project finish date
Narrative Section: The applying should not be a more than three typed pages and really should range from the following information:
- A tight good reputation for the business with an introduction to current programs and activities
- An account from the challenge to become addressed through the project
- An in depth description from the project, including strategies, measurable objectives along with a timetable. Note when the project is really a replication of the effective evidenced-based model.
- An agenda for ongoing the work when the Foundation’s funding ends
- An agenda for evaluating the work.
- What they are called and qualifications from the persons accountable for transporting the program.
- An in depth project budget and budget narrative, including earnings sources and expenses, in addition to a listing of suggested funders.
- A summary of the organization’s board people such as the board members’ principal jobs, an account from the term of office and also the rotation schedule from the board.
- Fiscal reports, such as the organization’s operation budget, balance sheet and statements of support, revenue and expenses during the last completed and current fiscal year.
- An indication memorandum of understanding using the fiscal agent, if relevant.
- An announcement in the organization’s board of company directors authorizing the request and saying yes to apply the work if funded.
- A duplicate from the IRS letter of determination proclaiming that the business is tax-exempt, or perhaps a copy from the organization’s fiscal agent’s letter of determination plus a letter in the organization stating its readiness for everyone as fiscal agent.
Kinds Of GRANTS
Capital Grants: Capital grants are created for brand new construction, major renovation, purchasing permanent assets and endowments. These grants may cover major equipment costs, for example telephone systems, computers, and technology upgrading in addition to vans or buses.
Program Grants: Program grants offer the direct and operational costs required to run new programs or projects. Allowable costs can include staff salaries and benefits, supplies, equipment, travel, office leases, utilities and training.